Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:12:51 -0600
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:33:28 +0000, William Schults
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm considering setting the affected subscribers to "NOMAIL"

That stops them from receiving any messages from the list.
I don't see how that helps anything.  You might just as well delete them
from your list.

>and notifying them (via a separate e-mail,

Yes, you would need to do this separate email since with the above step you
prevented them from receiving list mail.

>since ListServ generated messages aren't getting through to them....).

How do you know this?  As far as I can tell from log files, etc. yahoo
subscribers do receive list messages (and LISTSERV administrative messages).

>  They would still be able to post, but would have to read posts via the website.

In order to post via the LISTSERV website, they need to login with their
subscribed address.  If that is a *@yahoo.com address, then the message will
bounce just the same as if posted by email and increase the autodel count
for themselves and many other subscribers.

The simple answer is that for the moment, you cannot allow list members with
*@yahoo.com addresses to post messages to your list(s) via email or WWW.  If
you choose to put them on moderation (REVIEW) and resend their message so it
comes from a non-*@yahoo.com address, that is fine.  *@yahoo.com addresses
mentioned in the message text are not a problem.  The specific problem is
the RFC822 From: address cannot be *@yahoo.com.

Note that I and others have been using *@yahoo.com as a generic form of
address, but this also includes the many international variants like
yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.fr, yahoo.es, yahoo.ca, yahoo.co.in, yahoo.co.hk, etc.