Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 19:56:03 -0700
At 03:45 PM 2/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>On 11 Feb 97, Dave Lampson wrote:
>
>> Several of my subscribers use what appears to be a new version of
>> Microsoft Mail that creates a MIME-encoded HTML-version of their message
>> and attaches it to the plain text.  (It's not even *good* HTML!)  Does
>> anyone have step-by-step instructions on how MM should be configured
>> to keep this from happening?  Any web sites that discuss this?
>
>That is Microsoft Internet Mail -- a program that I recommend all of my MS
>Exchange users to switch to.  To configure (unconfigure) the HTML feature, go
>to MAIL, OPTIONS, SEND and look at the bottom of the window, it should say

Well, this shows two things.  Rational people can have different opinions.
But....I'd never recommend any MS mail software I've ever seen, including
both of these, to anyone.  And NO I'm not one of the antiMicrosoft folks.
I like Excel, Access, Win95, FrontPage, and many others.  But their mail
systems suck.

Of course it shows you get what you pay for.....and you'll find out what
you'll get, as Microsoft continues to use the Cocaine Theory of Marketing.
You can pay for something else now, or you can pay them later....and you
will, once you're hooked.

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.