Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 08:33:19 -0400
At 04:54 06/07/2003 Saturday, Stan V. Smith wrote:

 >If we set for auto-delete will these emails be deleted and will we get an
 >error report of which are deleted?

If the "bounce" is from the actual subscriber's email address, then yes,
they will be auto-deleted (but nevertheless after the auto-delete they
still may show up in the Daily Error Monitor report).

 >Should the type be set to full auto, semi auto or manual and what do these
 >really mean?

Semi-Auto -- that way, you "see" who's been deleted.

 >How can the probe function help us if at all?

Perhaps for those folks who "bounce" from non-subscriber addresses.

Depending upon your needs, and time, you might consider:

SET listname INDEX REVIEW FOR alumni_bouncer@host

which should generate a "smaller" daily message to the subscriber, thus
delaying or preventing the filling up of their mailbox.  Upon their
return, they might attempt to broadcast to the list a message
complaining.  You'll intercept that (REVIEW) and explain to them the
problem PLUS restoring their normal distribution options.

/Pete