"McRae, Richard (DSHS ASD)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:20:48 -0700
I can see this might cause some of us more problems.  What if we are not
able to setup a MX record for out listserv servers?

Also since this is more of a site administrator issue now shouldn't this
thread be moved to the other list?

RM

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Dave Simon
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: earthlink problem

All,

Because of some new anti-spam techniques being used by Earthlink, we have
been instructed by Earthlink to set up an MX record for our LISTSERV
sub-domain (lists.sierraclub.org).  For the last 10 years, we have been
using LSMTP to route all sierraclub.org mail, including the LISTSERV mail.
If setting up the new MX record does not work, I will post another message.

Also, Earthlink Webmail customers did not have a problem.

Dave Simon
Sierra Club

LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
06/21/2005 09:51:43 AM:

> All LISTSERV lists we host are also experiencing this problem with
> Earthlink. Subscribers using Earthlink's service are not able to post
> to their lists. The error messages they receive come from an Earthlink
> smtp server and report, "Host lookup failed." Whatever changed at
> Earthlink occured sometime between the evening of 6/14 and the morning of
6/15.

> We have also been unsuccessful in our attempts to reach anyone at
Earthlink