Lou Schwing <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:02:26 -0800
At 5:38 PM -0500 3/19/1999, Jacob Haller wrote:

>>Other than putting the entire list under moderation and complaining to the
>>ISPs, is there anything else that can be done?
>
>My first response was, "Not that I can think of."

Perhaps you can use the confirm mechanism for a short period.  Force every
mail to be confirmed from it's *real* email address.

Here's the text from the 1.8d manual - page 15-16:

If you want a further level of security for Send= Private, you may set Send=
Private,Confirm , which requires each poster to confirm (via the "OK"
mechanism)
that the posting actually came from them. This can help in cases where a
hacker might be trying to "spoof" mail from an otherwise legitimate
subscriber. It is not recommended to set this in normal circumstances.

Peace,

Lou