Sat, 30 Dec 2000 07:59:36 +0100
On 29 Dec 2000, at 9:40, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:35:42 -0500, John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >An apparent typo on Ben's part, try:
> >http://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa.exe?RESET-COOKIE
>
> Yes I was wrong, it is RESET-COOKIE, not RESET_COOKIE but the above
> also won't work because in this special case the name of the wa.exe
> is also different:
>
>  http://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa-surfnet.exe?RESET-COOKIE

I got a "...not available or the server is instructed not to let
you have it" message on the "wa-surfnet.exe" url.
The other one worked great though.

> For most sites not doing virtual hosting it will be wa.exe, but some
> sites rename it anyway.  On the otherhand, if you have a cookie
> already set for any particular site, you will just have to use the
> URL that you already have bookmarked, since it will be correct for
> that site.  Various sites rename the host, and others rename the
> scripts directory.  You have to use what is correct for that site.

I guess that is why it didn't pick up the "wa-surfnet.exe" url?

Well, at least it works great now, thanks to you both for helping
out. It is way easier as explainig how to remove a cookie to a
member after they do a address change :-)

Thanks,
Joop Reijenga.

--
 Best wishes for to all for 2001.