Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:03:40 -0500
On 9/14/97 4:53 PM, Robert Burdick <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I run the Destination Florida MAILING LIST (DFLIST). All the subscribers are
>AOL members. AOL's been stripping the HTML code from The Internet bound
>e-mail I've been sending to the list. To get around that problem for the past
>few months, I've been sending our monthly newsletter as an attachment to a
>piece of email since may. The newsletter has been getting delivered to our
>subscribers as a piece of email. Life has been good. Until This months
>newsletter was sent. It was delivered not as a piece of e-mail but as a
>downloadable file which is not a good thing for us. Is there any thing I can
>do about this???

Jay Levitt posted a message on Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:37:33 -0400 entitled
"AOL and attachments," which explained that AOL's new mail gateways are
having some problems with attachments. You can read his full post on the
web at
<http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9708&L=lstown-l&P=R9832>,
 or GET the 9708 archive.

In the meantime, other AOL listowners have been putting a disclaimer on
their newsletters saying to ignore any attachments to the message.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;