Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Dec 1993 09:00:00 PST
On Thu, 23 Dec 1993 18:23:00 EST Peter M. Weiss <PMW1@PSUVM> wrote:
>>in reference to CBA0027 AT UABDPO:
>>I'm getting error messages from the JANET/EARN Gateway in the UK
>>saying that a member of my list is at a node that doesn't exist.
>>I know it does, though, because I mailed him personally a couple of days ago.
>Don't be surprized to get lots of bounce messages this time of year:
>(1) mail boxes fill up because the "lights are on, but no one's at home",
>>Is it possible that the node is just inaccessible at the moment.
>>or is the problem more technical?

Note that your "personal" E-mail probably was directly-delivered,
using TCP/IP, rather than following the path which LISTSERV uses,
i.e., through the JANET-gateway.
So, different paths opens the possibility of different results.

>>[log in to unmask] (which is 143.117.254.4)

I've noticed that neither of the Internet name-servers for this domain
(i.e., 'EAGLE.QUB.AC.UK' or 'NETCTRAL.QUB.AC.UK') are responding.
Thus, no(!) E-mail for any host within this domain will get delivered.