"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:15:11 -0500
Years ago, I would have been completely in agreement with Eric, but
the current activist movement believes in a world of conspiracy which
sometimes motivates them to quite violent actions both electronic and
physical. I would be a little caution as founded on their belief that
administrators are deceitful they might take it upon themselves to
retaliate electronically or physically with regard to the fictions
which they breed in their closed circle of communication.
Unfortunately, it might be quite a while before you can get solid
evidence of what is going on and a lot of damage might be done in the
interim. I am afraid that today's activism is a lot more passionate
than rational. Actually, frequently faced with the golden rule do onto
others as you would have them do onto you, they will admit that they
would not like anyone to do the things they are doing to them. If you
join one of these groups, don't plan on leaving because that is considered
defecting as much of their activity is clandestine, they don't trust
you with their "secrets."

-- Paul.

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]