Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:06:46 -0500
Hiya,

Francoise wrote:
>Use the following:
>
>* Send= Editor,Hold
>* Editor= [log in to unmask],(LISTNAME)
>* Default-Options= REVIEW

Hmmmm so why is that preferable to listing me
as the first Owner=
and setting the default option to review?
or is it just an alternative way to do the same thing?

I just tested the
* Default-options= Repro,Subject,review
with me as first Owner=
and it's working.

but this brings up another question.  When a user gets
out of line in a post, I usually set them to nopost
and send mail to them and to the list telling them
that they are set to nopost till they convince me
that they understand and will abide by the list
guidelines.  That serves the dual function of letting
the person and other list members know that I think the
person was out of line and reminding everyone that I am
serious about staying within the list guidelines in terms
of how they choose to express themselves onlist.
I'm thinking of using the
set listname review for user@node command
now, instead of the nopost option. and that
should work since I'm listed as first Owner=
but what if my list COowner wants to set someone
to review?  Is that possible. or would the
posts by default come to me for review?

Out for now,
Betty