Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 17:31:41 -0400
YEs, we're ready with the hammer if we have to use it (set to
review for two weeks is the first level of discipline on the
list, and we've only had to use it once -- of course the guy
freaked out and charged "censorship, censorship" --but he
didn't have an audience because we wouldn't post flames (though
we let him write one message giving his side of the story and
saying if the list felt he was set to review unjustly, we would
reconsider it -- he lost.)  He didn't stick it out two weeks.

And that's the only one!  So we're ready.

I'm more concerned about her posting something reasonable and
then OTHERS going -- Oh NO!  she's on the list! -- and having
to dealwith THOSE posts.  She can't get ionto the subscriber
list because it's set to owner, and she is definitely not
Cyber-sophisticated.

But if I can get solid evidence that she really was playing
all these four parts, or that the person she said committed
suicide never in fact existed, then we can skip the
interim processes and ask her to leave.  She could always
show up with a new name anyway.

Ah, the joys of listownership.

Mary