Duane Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Oct 1993 10:36:00 EDT
> I own a list ([log in to unmask]) and I am wondering if there is a
> reason why a listowner would want to subscribe to his/her own list.
Usually the list owner requested the creation of the list since
they have interest in the topic.

Since you are the editor of the list, you have already read the posting.
As list owner you may wish to confirm that LISTSERV processed the
posting, by subscribing yourself.   Then when the posting is processed
you will a copy.
> If SEND= EDITOR, and I am the editor, would Listserv become confused
> when I forwarded posts to the list? Who would it think I was, the
> editor or a subscriber?
Since you have EDITOR= to your address, LISTSERV will recognize you
as the authorized editor when processing an incoming posting.
As the posting is being processed, a copy is sent to you as the
subscriber.