Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:34:15 -0600
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:50:05 -0700, "McRae, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>' Please specify the FULL name of [log in to unmask], as in "ADD MYLIST
>[log in to unmask] Joe H. Smith". '
>
>but when I put in a name with a space (like a first and last name combo) I
>don't get the error.

LISTSERV expects a "name" to have at least 2 parts (nominally firstname and
lastname).

>My question is how can I add the single name to the individuals properties
>when that's the only part we want?

You must satisfy LISTSERV's desire to see 2 parts to the name.  The shortest
possible part is a single character. So ...

Fred Smith
Fred S
Fred .
Fred *
Fred x
Fred /

and various other combinations like this will all work for LISTSERV.