Adrianne Schutt <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:37:38 -0500
At 10:28 AM 11/03/2005 +1000, Michael wrote:
>Many Owners find success with setting a ridiculously low Sizelim= setting
>in the list header.

         I actually did try that once, way back in the stone ages.  It
caused more harm than good by tossing the real gems of in-depth tech posts
by the bigger gurus.  Seems the bigger the Hammond guru, the less at home
they are with computers, so adapting by having the big guys split their
posts isn't an easy solution.  It was a good idea, though.  Thanks for
reminding me of it, I may yet use it as an idle threat for the newbies who
don't remember it failing before.  :))

At 05:38 PM 10/03/2005 -0700, Ben wrote:
>  If there was a convenient way to check for multiple occurances of
>the BOTTOM_BANNER then this could be used.  At the moment the CONTENT_FILTER
>is pretty simplistic and not abel to handle this.

         Thanks for explaining the order in which the footer gets spliced
in, Ben, that makes sense.  Brings up a question, though....is ">" a normal
character, or is it one of those weird things with another meaning in
code?  Here's what I'm driving at.....

The Hamtech footer (4 lines, including one blank up top), as seen in the
BOTTOM_BANNER:

----
All List Related Links and Descriptions:
http://www.hamtech.org/list.htm
---

The Hamtech footer, as quoted:

 > ----
 > All List Related Links and Descriptions:
 > http://www.hamtech.org/list.htm
 > ---

         If the pointy bracket is a normal letter, could I use it to bounce
"> All List Related" (or some other text, I can change or add a line of
text if that helps) while leaving the unquoted ones passing through
unscathed?

         Thanks,
         Adrianne  ;->
         Admin, Hamtech - The Hammond List