Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:48:02 +0000

Ben Parker wrote:

> Yes.  See the online help:

> "Default-Options=REVIEW is overridden for addresses defined in
> Editor= or Moderator=."  (This includes the List Owner(s) as well,
> since they can assign Editor= and Moderator=).

Karen and I are dealing with the same issue.  I believe she was not
referring to trumping behavior when subscribing but rather when
posting.  Here are some questions:

We know that in 14.4 if an Editor is set to REVIEW, the REVIEW status
won't control the Editor's postings, their messages will go right
through to the list.  Editor trumps Review.

Apart from that, if Send= Private and no Editor= nor Moderator= are
set, and a listowner is set to REVIEW, will that owner's postings go
directly to the list bypassing REVIEW, just as though they were an
Editor?

And apart from listowners, more generally, if you have Send= Private
but you wish for Editors -- and Editors only -- to be on REVIEW for
safety reasons, how can that be configured without interfering with
the average subscriber's ability to post directly without REVIEW?

 - Roger Burns
   Manager of CFS lists based at ICORS.org,
   Charitable Listserv sponsored by L-Soft