Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:39:35 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:38:21 -0500, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>the sum of MAIL+DIGEST+INDEX ...
>
>I hate to be so dumb, but what is the INDEX?

INDEX is just what it says.  You get a msg (formatted very similar to the
result of a SEARCH request) which gives you who-from, Subject, Date, msg
size and a Post#.  You then must request individual posts via the GETPOST
command to get the msg bodies desired.  It is useful to people who may only
want to follow limited threads of a very busy list.

>All they would need to do is make a little more info available on the
>present REV command. Showing the subscribers by categories would take
>care of it. Like Subscribers on review, mail, nomail, etc.

I'm sure it is on Eric's loooong list of 'things to do'.  But right now, he
is busy working on 1.8d improvements along with many WWW interfacce
enhancements.  They are deemed more important for now than number counting.
Mechanisms exist to get all the numbers you want, just not without you
having to do a little math, so you are not being denied essential
information.  It will come in time I'm sure.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) ......... [log in to unmask]