Thu, 12 Nov 1992 11:53:39 EST
Richard Griscom
Head, Music Library, Univ. of Louisville
Phone: (502) 588-5659; FAX (502) 588-7701

I am the owner of MLABD-L (Music Library Association Board of Directors
Discussion List), a private list hosted by IUBVM.

I maintain a file listing our association's administrative structure
in the filelist of another list, MLA-L.  The Board of Directors requested
that updated versions of the file be distributed via MLABD-L.  I asked
the postmaster at IUBVM to add MLABD-L@IUBVM to the AFD list for the
file.

The problem I have encountered is this:  whenever the file is updated, the
AFD-generated copy of the file comes bouncing back to me as listowner with
the message that it is an error because it appears to be generated by
LISTSERV.

My questions are: Can a list indeed subscribe to a file through AFD?  If so,
is it possible that the fact that the list is private account for the error?

(I also got a similar error report when I tried to GIVE the file to the list.)

Many thanks,
Dick Griscom