"Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 18:42:05 -0400
Chris,

You wrote in part:

>(b) take all of the subscribers from (automatic-approval-list) and subscribe
>them to the main list with the options of NoMail,NoReview

To resolve the problem you mentioned further down in your message, you might
send the listserver a message with a series of lines each in the following
form:

query {MainList} for {AutomaticApprovalListSubscriber}

Whichever of the 400 or so people in the latter list turn out to be already
on the main list could just be set to noreview there; then you would apply
(b) to the others.

>is there an easy way to set NoMail for only those people

Partitioning (or after partitioning) the results of the query I described
above (a process that could well be the trickiest aspect of the overall
task), you could create a job in which those already on the main list
would have entries reading ...

set {MainList} noreview for {AutomaticApprovalListSubscriber}

... and in which those not yet on the main list would be added with both
"nomail" and "noreview" set. (Certainly you wouldn't be compelled to make
a global change, a possibility about which you seemed to be expressing
some concern.)

Chuck Brandstater