Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:59:05 -0800
The server that I wrote about earlier (QWEST/USWEST) is saying that
the reason they do not allow the approval posts and server requests
through is because the server is not approved on the ORBS database
(http://www.orbs.org/verify_1.html)  I checked the IP address for
MITVMA.MIT.EDU, as well as CHERRY.EASE.LSOFT.COM and
GRAPE.EASE.LSOFT.COM - which are the relaying servers for the list
messages (that do get through to the person having the problems) and the
results for the queries look to me to be nearly the same and thus pass their
policy.  In other words, they should not be being blocked.  I'm not exactly
sure what an ORBS is and what the database is used for, can somebody
enlighten me?

Liz Marr