Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 18:07:35 -0700
Peter M. Weiss suggested (tongue in cheekly?):

> Instead of * FILTER=, maybe it should be * NOTHANKS= ? ;-)

You'd still need to hide the actual addresses ...

Added the Cyclops:

>them a small fortune to even START the action.  And, they'd have to be
>pretty convinced that I've got deep enough pockets for there to be something
>for them to collect, too.

Depends on their motive, money or payment in kind.  Even if they know that
they'll not get very far in a lawsuit, some people will still lodge one simply
to make their intended victim very, very nervous -- or at the very least cost
the victim time.  Also, if the lawsuit is against the university, say, owning
the server hosting the list, said university might start looking long and hard
at the lists and at how important they really are to the educational mission.
THAT could get rather uncomfortable.

Just a thought.

Mario Rups