Richard Peters - Acting DEAF-L Owner <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 May 1994 16:04:43 PDT
On Mon, 23 May 1994 16:20:02 CDT James Ford said:
>On Mon, 23 May 1994 17:14:05 EDT you said:
>>>After seeing a piece on the CBS news on Sunday the Green card lottery folks
>>>are planning to form a company that will do nothing but post ads to what they
>>>describe as "every internet group". ...
>>>I am planning to SERVE ... OFF and or filter that domain when I know who
>>>to watch for...
>It will be interesting to see how they handle hundreds (if not thousands)
>of irritated sysadms (or users) changing their sendmail.cf file or incoming
>filters to dump core files to their site everytime they receive mail from

My guess would be they would handle it with legal action of some sort.
That may be where they see their profits really coming from.  Might
be a good idea for list owners and administrators to discuss appropriate
the defense to the company's unsolicited advertizing.

Richard Peters, [log in to unmask], Acting owner of DEAF-L