LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 19:00:04 EST
I had requested yesterday that a number of addresses be deleted with
no reponse.  (Mail was sent to [log in to unmask]).  I sent another
one today to both postmaster and "remove" (as was suggested here by
someone).  I have to admit, I threatened to file formal complaints
with the BBB, any advertisers they had and various other organizations,
but, I received a fairly quick (considering the mail load they probably
have right now) and very polite message from dharriman (I think that
was the spelling) saying that the address in question had been removed,
and if I would specify the others, he would remove them, too.  I responded
and thanked him for his prompt attention.  I also used the opportunity
to say that although I understood the need, value and commercial opportunity
of an address search database, I thought it would be of better value for
them to verify the legitimacy and desireability of being included with
the person (especially since one of the addresses listed for me no longer
even exists).  I also stated that I felt including a physical address
could be spooky and, unfortunately, even dangerous.

No reponse to that yet... but I will give him credit for his first
response.

-Holly (soon to be [log in to unmask] to check on the database :-)