Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:24:25 GMT
On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:42:11 -0600, Bruce Toews <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I suspect the only thing I can do is to tell the
>posters to reconfigure their mail program accordingly.
Yes.  That's about it.

They might also get another email account on an online service like
compuserve (which has userID's like [log in to unmask]) which is
pretty incomprehensible.  email addresses can be somewhat geographic and
it is possible to search the domain name.  However, email address on
compuserve and AOL appear the same from anywhere in the world, and if you
don't enter yourself in their user directory, you can't be looked up.

Also, they might try sending through an anonymous remailer, but that will
not work unless you have Send=public, as their sending address would
change each time.

In your situation confidentiality is obviously important, but email was
never designed to accomodate it.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]