JUDITH HOPKINS AT SUNY BUFFALO <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 May 1994 00:10:26 -0500
When deleting subscribers because of bounced mail (and I don't
do that unless I have received numerous bounces from the account)
I purposely do NOT use QUIET on the off-chance that the unsub
notice will get through.  Very often it does and the subscriber
then sends me a message asking why he/she has been deleted.  This
enables me to explain why and encourage him/her to resubscribe.
They usually do so and most of the time there is no further problem.

Of course I send a message to the list from time to time explaining
why people will suddenly be deleted and encouraging them to resubscribe
if it happens to them, but of course no-one remembers unless and until
it does happen to them!

Judith Hopkins                            VOICE: (716) 645-2796
Technical Services Research and Analysis Officer
Central Technical Services                FAX:   (716) 645-5955
Lockwood Library Building
State University of New York at Buffalo   BITNET: ulcjh@ubvm (OR, ubvms)
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200             INTERNET: [log in to unmask]
          Listowner: AUTOCAT@UBVM or [log in to unmask]