"HALL, Ian" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:08:58 -0000
Quiz!
My mailtpl file contains the lines

.bb CONCEAL not in &DEFOPT
.se x = &KWD(REVIEW)
.bb (&x ^= POSTMASTER) and (&x ^= OWNER)
Please note that it is presently possible for
.bb &x = PUBLIC
anybody
.eb
.bb &x ^= PUBLIC
other people
.eb
to determine that you are signed up to the list through the use of the
"REVIEW" command, which returns the e-mail address and name of all
the subscribers. If you do not want your name to be visible,
just issue a "SET &LISTNAME CONCEAL" command.

as part of the signup message.

My list header has the line:
* Review= owner (I've also tried OWNER)

My signup message still outputs "Please note that it is presently
possible..."

Is there any significance in the case of the keyword "Review" - or its
value "owner"? I can't believe there is. Should I dispense with the
conditionaI and just hard-code the message (That only the owners of the
list can review the subscribers)?

Ian Hall