Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 02:43:02 -0500
My listserv address just got hit, too, by this same stupid person. Same
full mailbox message. And then I got a spamming alert message right after
about someone else posting to 47 lists.

These two incidents raise a few questions that I hope someone can/will
answer. And I apologize if they are stupid questions that I should have
seen the manual and didn't. <g>

1. Why does the spam filter catch *some* spam attempts, such as the one
above, which was noticed because it was sent to 47 lists, and not catch
others until they are identified as spam because the message was
"previously" sent to a large number of lists?

and

2. I wondering why the spam filter works for messages posted to multiple
lists but does not screen for subscribe requests simultaneously posted to x
number of multiple lists, or, at least catch something like this recent
mail bomb where it looks like this person was going alphabetically in
multiple messages?

Karen Strauss
"Wanna trade some of your list subscribers for mine? I'm offering a discount!"