Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 09:22:05 -0500
The editor of one of the KIDLINK lists approved a message for
disribution by sending this:

> From: Alenka Makuc <[log in to unmask]>
> To: "L-Soft list server at NDSUVM1 (1.8b)" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: KIDFORUM: approval required (7DF1C6)
> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 12:48:40 +0000
>
> OK

She got back this notice:

> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 1995 14:45:39 +0200
> From: "L-Soft list server at NDSUVM1 (1.8b)" <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Alenka Makuc <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Output of your job "ALENKA.MAKUC"
>
> > OK
> The confirmation code you gave (7DF1C6)  does not correspond to any pending
> command, either because you did not  confirm the command in time or because
> you mistyped the confirmation code. Check the confirmation request again to
> make sure you typed the code exactly  as it was shown. Also, make sure that
> you  use the  same  procedure  for sending  the  original  command and  the
> confirmation  code.  If the  confirmation  code  arrives with  a  different
> address, it will not be recognized because it will look like it came from a
> different person. If you lost it, just issue the command again to get a new
> code.

I think the problem here may be that the message expired before
the OK was received.  How long are messages held pending
approval?  Is there a way to change the default length of time?

I had also been assuming that the confirmation code for message
approval did not need to come from the editor to whom the message
was sent.  I'd certainly like it to be accepted from any editor.
We have a team of student editors for our KIDCAFE list.  When
they get a message they don't know how to handle, they send it to
the adult in charge.  I'd certainly expect the adult editor to be
able to approve the message by sending the OK.  Is this the way
it works?

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>