Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:00:12 -0500
Maureen LeBlanc wrote:
>  You're not able to have an editor of the list set to review. Your whole
> list is an editor in your present configuration (Editor=)

That was always the case, even with "the Kludge."  The difference is that
in 1.8e (which UB was running until about a month ago: both Pat's and
Maureen's lists are hosted at UB) REVIEW took precedence.  In 14.4, Editor
takes precedence, so even though you have someone set REVIEW, if you still
use old setup the subscriber's Editor trumps the REVIEW setting you set
him to, by list default or otherwise.

I, and others, argued against this, but Eric prevailed.  I don't recall
exactly when the discussion/argument took place (it was when 14.4 was being
beta tested, a year ago?), but it's in the list archives.

Douglas Winship    [log in to unmask]