John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 22:05:09 -0500
Lately I have been having trouble putting headers and other parts of the
list (digest-h files, to be specific).  This didn't seem to be a problem
before we made the switch to 1.8c.

I am wondering if perhaps in 1.8c there has been a change such that you
cannot put a new header unless the old one was previously locked -- I
usually try to get headers using (nolock so that people can still come and
go from the list if they wish while I'm working on it (I am the only owner).

Has there been a change, or is the server perhaps just choosing to ignore
me? When I send the put commands half the time, I never get _any_ response
back from Listserv -- no acceptance, no rejection, nothing.

-- John