Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:25:24 -0500
Issue the LISTSERV info commands

INFO JOB
INFO DIST

for full info.  Not all LISTSERV hosts have the latter though.  If your
does not, try [log in to unmask]

The command JOB that you construct is sent to LISTSERV@ that hosts the
list.  Output will show the destination subscriber addresses and which
LISTSERV site is the leaf-node (end-point) of the Distribute Backbone.
After that section of the output, then scan to the next section where it
indicates how that leaf-node is distributed to i.e., the other LISTSERV
intermediate backbone sites.

Remember that LISTSERV (usually) depends upon the Internet (and sometimes
MAILER and/or Internet/Bitnet gateways) to deliver, so all of those
"rules" apply e.g., MX processing, multiple authoritative DNSes,
re-routes by MAILER, mail spool problems, LISTSERV problems (including
inactive LISTSERVs).

For each of the LISTSERV hosts mentioned in the above Distribute path,
mail a command THANKS to it, expecting it to respond with YOU'RE WELCOME!

If it does not, then something is amiss.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State

At 21:00 11/9/98 +0100, Mehmet Tutuncu said:

|>Needless to day, both of these lists both are confidential so I am unable
|>to fetch the subscriber list (nor the headers) so that I can then
|>construct a LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE MAIL DEBUG=YES job.  Even if I could do
|
|How is this job carried? which adress should the command go, to
[log in to unmask] and what is the parameters?