David Sitman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jul 1993 23:22:57 IST
On Thu, 29 Jul 1993 15:18:00 CST Jim Milles said:

>SLU is not on BITNET, so I can't receive the file in Netdata
>format.  I sent the command GET LSVGUIDE MEMO to
>[log in to unmask], but I got the following reply:
>
>>> get lsvguide memo f=mail
>>Invalid file format specification. Must be one of Netdata, Diskdump,
>>Carddump, Punch, LPunch, UUencode, ARChive, VMArc, VARc, HEX, EBCdic,
>>XXEncode or BToa.
>
>Does anybody know how I can get a copy of the file?

Jim (and others),

EARNCC is still running LISTEARN (it will migrate to LISTSERV shortly).
The MAIL file format specification (F=MAIL) is not accepted in LISTEARN.
However, it isn't necessary, because  GET requests from non-BITNET sites
are always answered by mail. Just use the command:  GET LSVGUIDE MEMO
(without F=MAIL). If you have any problem, let me know.

David