Paul Wayper <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:49:28 +1000
> On the web interface for my list, new (unread) mail is flagged by the
> expected change in color of the appropriate weeky log entry (the unordered
> "Table of contents:" list). However, the coloring of the subsidiary
> (numbered) lists appears to change erratically, with no apparent
> relationship to the read-status of the messages.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this problem, and how have you solved it?

I would have said that this is actually the behaviour of your browser.

The LISTSERV web interface is not a 'mail reader' per se, in the same way,
say, as Netscape Mail or Eudora.  It's simply a way of accessing the
archives of a list via HTML.  As such, your web browser is probably
marking those links you've already followed - this makes it look like
it's marking the mail you've read.

I'm guessing, but I think there's a good chance I'm right.  No? :-)

Have fun,

Paul