Mon, 20 Jan 1997 23:29:25 -0600
> Unfortunately, some unscrupulous mass emailers use your reply as
> CONFIRMATION that your address is good, so you move from unknown status
> to 'got a live one...'
>
> I use the DELETE key liberally and never reply to these messages.

I was going to say something along these lines but Ben has done it better.
They don't care what reply they get, any reply in any manner means they
have a live address rather than a dud and that is often the only info
they are interested in.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L