Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:07:31 -0600
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:05:17 -0400, Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What I want is the ability to say that the person must have
>been a member for X days before they can use the archive, or as an
>alternative, a setting for owner permission for archive access (separate
>from the subscription itself).

LISTSERV doesn't provide a mechanism for requiring X days of list membership.

The only way I can think of to do this is (as Pete suggests) 2 lists.

Mainlist:

Notebook= Yes,.....,Owner,(LIST2)

You have to manually add to LIST2 the address of anybody you want to allow
access to the archives of MAINLIST.  LIST2 has no mail traffic or archives of
it's own, it is merely used as a permission mechanism.