Susan Lowell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 17:57:38 -0400
I think we're all a little spoiled, but the reality is that lists take
time, energy, software and hardware in order to exist.  If all of these
things can be donated by various people and institutions, that's great,
but we should all recognize that the "free" list is costing someone
somewhere something.

Realisticly, I think we can expect to see "by paid subscription only",
"promotional (this list brought to you by company x)" and "by
contribution" lists more and more as universities are forced to become
tighter
with their increasinly reduced resources and as businesses continue to
become part of the Internet community.

Susan Lowell