Siddarth Subramanian <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jul 1993 13:42:05 -0500
The mailer I use is VM that runs under Emacs (in my case Lucid Emacs
19). One of the commands I have available is the ability to burst
digests. According to the documentation, it expects digests to be in
"standard RFC 934 format" whatever that is. Are the digests that
Listserv produces supposed to be in this format?

The main problem I've had is with messages that include lines like the
one below:
--------------------------------------

If you burst the lstown-l digest that contains this message using VM,
it'll put the text above and below that line into separate messages.
This is because such lines are only used to separate messages. I've
found that, conversely, if I try to use VM to digestify a set of
messages with lines like the one above, it converts them into lines
like the following:

That space makes it different from a message divider and it can thus
be recognized as merely a line by the burst command.

Is this peculiar to my mailer or is this the standard format? Does
Listserv follow a different standard?

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Siddarth Subramanian