Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:50:47 -0500
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Joe DeBattista wrote:

> Greetings,
>    We are changing the main mail system, where we have alot of listserv owners,
> editors and subscribers who will need to change their email address, and thus
> their entries in the list headers or the members area will need to be modified.
> Is there any sort of procedure for doing this for a list or a bunch of lists?
> Any informion is welcome.  Thanks.
>

>                                 Joe DeBattista
>                                 UCSF, ITS
>                      INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]

It's easy to whip up a script to change subscriber addresses, but I never
figured out how to do owners/editors without updating each list header.
So when we changed our main mail server address, I set up an alias to make
old = new domain: see http://www.lsoft.com/regaliases.html

Aliases also deal with password issues.  The downside is that if you want
to expunge the old form of the address at some point, Listserv says
they're the same and won't do it.

I've never dealt with a global change in userid ([log in to unmask]
becomes [log in to unmask]), but that seems to happen a lot,
expecially in corporate environments.  Any ideas on this?

Jean Snow