Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:51:20 -0600
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:11:29 -0400, "Humphrey,Mindy" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have been using this command.  What am I doing wrong.
>
>ADD OCLCABSTRACTS DD=D:\DATA\LISTSERV\ABSTRACTNEWMEMBERS.XLS IMPORT
>PW=SERVERLISTSERV
> DD *

You can't do that.
 -you cannot upload an Excel file to LISTSERV.  Must be plain text.
 -you cannot reference a filepath for the DD.
   The actual data to be added must follow this line.
   (The documentation is very clear about this.)

If you used the LISTSERV WWW interface most of this would all be taken care of
for you.

Now that you have revealed to the world your LISTSERV Password, please change
it immediately, if not sooner.  In the future, please don't include your
password.  Use ????? in place of the password.