"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 1993 14:45:13 EST
On Wed, 3 Mar 1993 11:53:54 CST Eric Crump said:
>All,
>A friend of mine asked that I post a note here letting everyone
>know about a problem at his school, the South Dakota School of
>Mines and Technology. He doesn't know what the problem is, but
>the result is bounced mail from the site with "user unknown"
>identified as the error. I tried sending mail directly to him
>last night and got the same result. He's been having his students
>join lists as part of their coursework and many have been booted
>because listowners (naturally) think the IDs don't exist. He assures
>me that the IDs *do* exist and hopes everyone will be as tolerant
>as possible until the problem is corrected.
>--Eric Crump

   They have had problems for over a  week, I think.  Each time I resend
the error messages myself, they go through.  I have checked to make sure
that they are really going there, and they are.  Everyone please note.

   Permit me to have an attitude  in favor of listowners not jumping the
gun and deleting people at the sign of the first error, but, then again,
as I was  reminded by private mail recently, there  is probably no point
in arguing over how much someone should care for or about the lists they
manage to be responsible as it is a very subjective matter.

   Enuf said.

**  Geert K. Marien  :  [log in to unmask] (Bitnet: GKMQC@CUNYVM)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **