Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:45:32 PST
(Reply from Randy Klumph) On 25 Jan 2001, Liz Marr wrote:

> Actually, eGroups themselves would have not subscribed to your list,
> but rather somebody created an eGroups list and then subscribed that
> list to your Listserv list.

On the contrary - the subscription was for
[log in to unmask]  Findmail.com is part of Yahoo.
When reviewing the Egroups listing for my site it lists me as the
owner and identifies it as a remote list. Because it is a remote
site, I do not have owner priveleges within Egroups. I'm finding
they did this to many remote lists early in their development, 1998,
in order to quickly build their traffic. That corresponds with the
date of the subscription in my list.

________
Regards,
Randy Klumph