Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:57:29 -0500
Yes, your mail software is not wrapping your text. What it sends is
one long line, unless you physically press the enter key.

Some mail clients will wrap that automatically when they receive it,
others like Pegasus which I use, give the user the option to wrap
long lines. I find it annoying because I have to keep switching
between wrapping and not wrapping, depending on the sender's mail
program :-( I guess Netscape doesn't even do that much.

It's also annoying because it's stored in the archives as one long
line, since LISTSERV will not make changes to the messages sent
through it.

The solution if you want to please everyone is to type hard returns,
unless your mail software has an option to put them in automatically
that you can set.

Francoise