"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 12:09:42 +5EST
On 12 Mar 97 at 9:46, CAP-L wrote:

> I am the owner of a list for discussions of contemporary American poetry.
> We have about regular 200 subscribers and 5 concealed subscribers. My
> question is two-fold: How did they become concealed(I assume they did more
> than write <anonymous> for name when they subscribed)? As the owner, can I
> review who these people are, or at least check their e-mail addresses?

Richard,

   They probably SET their own subscription options to CONCEAL which
is their right.  However, you (as listowner) can always view who
these people are in several different ways.

   If you just want a list of those members on your list who have set
themselves to CONCEAL you can send the command:

   QUERY listname WITH CONCEAL FOR *@*
   (Section 5.1, 1.8c ListOwners manual)

   If, however, you want a complete list of all your subscribers
including those who are concealed you can send the command:

   GET listname (NOLOCK

   which will return your header and the complete list of subscribers
to your list without locking it.  Just make sure you do NOT PUT this
file back (there's no need)!

   Hope this helps.

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.