Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:20:09 -0400
This is TYPICAL of a subscriber whose mail system is redirecting ("resent") a distribution back to the list.  Thus, to the LISTSERV processor it appears to be a dup and bounces it back to the very original poster.

I.e., this is a SMTP related problem and nothing to do with LISTSERV (other than it prevented a mail loop).

You need to carefully inspect the bounced mail headers (you must have full headers generated) and look for signs of the host that is redirecting it (the distritubed posting) back to the list and then NUKE that subscriber, with NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Then clue-x-4 the mail admins (if it isn't a customer config error) indicating that their mailer is FUBAR and that you will not allow anyone from that host to subscribe to any of your lists until they fix it.

/Pete Weiss
been there, done that