James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 18:30:06 +0100
Angus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<snip>
>1) In the new beta version of LISTSERV is there something I can put
>in the header to not allow htmled messages through to the list?

Sorry I don't know the answer to this one.

>2) does anyone know about the email program she's using and how I can
>_clearly_ and simply tell her how to turn the htmling off so she can
>post in plain txt??   Follows is her email to me:
>
>"Thanks for forwarding my e-mail.  You said i need to turn off the
>htmling, I would if I knew what it is and how to do that.  I'm very
>new to the internet and all of the lang. If you tell me how I will.
>I have Outlook Express for windows 95."

Easy, she has two choices:

1) When composing each message choose Format menu, on the end is Plain Text or
Rich Text (HTML), she wants to select Plain Text.

2) To change it permanantly, from the main window, choose Tools, Options and
then the Send Tab. Click on the Radio button to choose Plain Text (instead of
HTML).

Hope that helps,
James
--