"Peter C.S. Adams 7-5263" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 22:13:01 EST
> Is there a way to make ListProc give you the userid and "name" fields
> without the options, e.g., like a REVIEW command for LISTSERV would?

I've never seen a listproc dump, but I'd guess you can massage anything
it throws at you in Excel in just a few minutes. Excel's PARSE function
makes it easy to split this kind of data into cells, so you can reorder
the data easily. Then a simplistic macro to clean up the rows that were
parsed incorrectly, delete the rows you don't want, and output as a text
file. I do this periodically on PAGEMAKR so I can use Excel's database
functions to search for sites and user names without a QUERY.

|  And the #1 thing you can do to help the  |        Peter C.S. Adams      |
|  environment is ... become a vegetarian.  |    Univ. of Mass. at Boston  |
|             Ask me why!                   |     co-listowner, PAGEMAKR   |