Eric Bourland <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:53:21 -0700
Hi.

I manage several lists using LISTSERV 1.8b on the BSDI BSD/OS 2.0
platform. From time to time, the internet host on which my copy of
LISTSERV is installed will go offline (for reasons unknown -- maybe a
sea creature bites through a telephone line under the Potomac, or maybe
someone at my ISP's office trips over a wire -- who knows). Anyway,
whenever my internet host stops processing email messages, I notice that
the LISTSERV program stops itself and requires a manual restarting.

I think somewhere I saw a parameter that one may set to make LISTSERV
automatically restart itself when its host goes offline then comes back
alive. I've ransacked all the manuals and cannot find the parameter.
Does anyone have a clue?

I'm very grateful for any useful response. Thanks for your time.

Eric Bourland
Academy for Educational Development
Washington DC