Glenn Darwin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 May 2001 23:55:28 -0400
From a previous post on this problem:

<quote>
I found an AOL help phone number, (703) 265-4670, that system administrators
can use to report problems they are having sending email to AOL subscribers.
You leave a message and a technician will call you back.  The AOL tech told
me that the connection process with AOL includes a reverse DNS lookup.  If
you do not have a "PTR" record for your server's IP address to domain name,
AOL will not allow the connection. This seems to be a very common problem.
You can check your PTR record from a Win/NT (Not 95/98) system. From the NT
command prompt, enter the NSLOOKUP command and the IP address of your
LISTSERV server:

  NSLOOKUP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The command should display the domain name and address of your LISTSERV
server.  If it does not, then you need a PTR record.  I called our ISP and
they created one for us.

The AOL tech was very polite and willing to help. You should call them if
you have a problem or questions.

Jim Walker
</quote>

Call the number and go through the same grief the rest of us have gone throught
with AOL....

If there are archives on this list would someone point Liz to them so she can
search on "AOL not getting my emails"

Glenn
Team NCM http://www.corvettemuseum.com