Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 12:26:18 -0500
On Tue, 11 Jul 1995 08:02:58 -0500, Natalie Maynor wrote:
>From:    Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Compuserve Weirdness
>
>Everybody who posts anything on ADS-L gets the following two error messages.
>Do any of you have any idea what's going on?  I can't tell from the messages
>which of the two Compuserve subscribers is causing the problem.
>
>> From: [log in to unmask]
>> Date: 11 Jul 95 08:02:23 EDT
>> To: <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: [Invalid recipient address format] (1 attachment follows)

It appears that a mailer within the compuserve domain is running a non-RFC
compliant mail daemon that returns bounced mail to the internal From:
instead of the Envelope MAIL FROM as it is supposed to.

Possibly [log in to unmask] can assist the host in properly
configuring the daemon; otherwise you may simply have to filter out
subscribers from that host until it resolves the problem.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (203) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (203) 486-5246 fax