Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:39:18 -0700
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:41:55 EST, Joanne Gibbons <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>1.  Is there a way to determine the average number of daily postings to a
>list?

If you turn on the Changelog

* Change-Log= Yes

among other things it will record a line for every message posted.  By
examining this log file, you can (with simple arithmetic) compute averages,
counts of who posted most messages, what subject was most popular, etc.

>3.  If I set a subscriber to NOPOST or REVIEW, will they receive a message
>that they are being reviewed or not posted?

Generally yes.  You can disable the message notification but (as has been
noted previously) the users very quickly figure out they are being
refused/rejected.  Some list owners believe in this kind of secrecy, others
prefer to be completely upfront/obvious about it.  Opinions about
effectiveness of one way over the other differ.