"Wheeler, Doug (NTC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:05:47 -0400
Okay - Now I'm confused (not a particularly new event). In an offline exchange with Cele Bruce I mentioned the following :

... our lists are internal and many use attachments. 1.8e still doesn't handle attachments from the web interface. LSoft assures me that there will be a fix soon, but it makes many of our most popular lists nonfunctional from the web archive.

....In our case, the need to move the server to W2K was the driving factor. There was no great urgency to upgrade LISTSERV other than to stay current. That was a move I am presently regretting due to the attachment issue that I mentioned.
-----

This is what happens when a user tries to open an attachment from the web archive :

A page is returned stating : 'Your authentication ticket has expired. Please log in again to continue.'

It doesn't matter what is attempted from this point forward. Password change, login without cookie, different accounts, different machines all result in being sent back to the 'Your authentication ticket has expired. Please log in again to continue. ' page.

Jacob Haller of L-Soft has notified me that 'This is a problem with the new WA.  An updated version that fixes this will be released soon (and will be announced on LSTSRV-L).'

My question : Are we talking different things here ? I have the 'upload' directory in place as stated, but with no luck.
Doug

Doug Wheeler
Sr. Technical Analyst
Georgia-Pacific Corporation